Oct 12, 2010

Healthy Breakfast Cookies

I made breakfast cookies this week by request of my husband. I immediately knew which recipe I would use. Check out the Sullivan's Isle blog for great recipe ideas and for this wonderful step by step instruction for breakfast cookies. Logan is definitely a health nut, but I know she loves loves loves tasty treats. This recipe gets an A+ for both taste and nutrition! I think I might even make some more for our work bake sale. Thanks for sharing Logan :)

Breakfast Cookies

1/2 c Margarine
1 c Firmly Packed Brown Sugar
1 1/2 c Whole Wheat Flour
1 c Oats
2/3 c Wheat Germ
1/2 c Non Fat Dry Milk
2 Egg Whites
1 1/2 c Apple Sauce
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Salt
1 c Raisins or Chocolate Chips
1 c Chopped Pecans

Combine all ingredients




Drop by large spoonfuls onto greased cookies sheet


Bake 375 for 11 minutes
Keep in fridge. For added protein spread peanut butter between two to make sandwich.

No comments: