Jul 20, 2010

Cornhole & BBQ 2010

Last Saturday we had our annual Cornhole tournament party. I think this was the fourth year for it. About 25 friends and neighbors came out and had a great time! I'm so mad at myself, I forgot to take pictures :(  I love reading other peoples' blogs where they document their cooking, display and party decor, etc... and I had every intention of doing that, but got too distracted and forgot about taking pictures. I'll just have to try my best in words then. And the below food pics are borrowed from various online sources.

Here's the invitation I chose from Hicks Paper Goods. Available at my PC store HERE.

My menu turned out like this:

Appetizers (brought by friends)
- Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Mexican layer dip
- Homemade salsa
- Veggie Tray

Main and Sides
- Catered BBQ, made into mini pork sliders
- Cole slaw
- Cooking Light's Potato Salad with Grilled Squash
- Baked Beans
- Scalloped Pineapple (i have to get this recipe from my neighbor. it's awesome!)
- Tri-colored Melon Salad

Dessert
- Kentucky Bourbon Pound Cake with Strawberries
- Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream

For the cornhole tournament, we selected guy/girl teams by drawing from two different hats to pair them up. It was a lot of fun! Michael actually got lucky and won with his teammate. I really need to come up with a good winner's prize next year. And maybe a funny losers prize too :)