Jun 17, 2010

Luau themed party

Lately I've been day dreaming of a Hawaiian vacation. And it doesn't help that one of my favorite people lives there now - jealous much?!? I'm going to make my best attempt to go out to the Aloha State this year and live the dream! 

If a tropical paradise isn't in your near future, why not bring the paradise to your own back yard with a luau! Let me set the scene for you ... late cookout at dusk when the hot sun has settled down.  Beachy music - think Blue Hawaii and The Beach Boys. Tiki torches lighting up the patio and sea shells serving as votive holders. Hawaiian theme drinks served from coconut cups! Shrimp, pineapple, kabobs. A table top decorated with pineapples and palm leaves. Straw hats and flower leis. Remember, food is important, but presentation really makes it! I think I'm going to have to plan a luau at my house for sure!

Update (6/23/10) : I had to add this blog link from Amy Atlas. See her Luau ideas and more HERE!


1 comment:

Amy said...

cute! i love inspiration boards!